Pricing: Cost of Ceramic item + Kit cost (includes paints, clear glaze & kiln firing)
|Item Price||Painting Kit|
(incl. paint, clear glaze & firing)
|Clear Glaze & Firing Only|
|$4 – 17||$9.50 4 x 1oz. of paint||$3.00|
|$18 – 24||$13.50 6 x 1oz. of paint||$4.00|
|$25 – 32||$15.50 7 x 1oz. of paint||$5.00|
|$33 & over||$19.00 7 x 1oz. of paint||$6.00|
Additional paint per colour: 1 oz. $2, 2 oz. $3.75
YOU WILL NEED YOUR OWN BRUSHES.
Some brushes available for sale.
- Pieces are naturally white. Anything you want white, do not paint.
- All paint is non-toxic washes out with water.
- Before painting or pencil sketching, dust items with SLIGHTLY with damp sponge, NOT WET
- Paint must be applied in thin layers and DRIED in between with blow dryer on COOL.
- For best results; apply 3 coats of paint, more solid coverage with each layer.
- Paint applied too thick may lift off in the kiln.
- Dark colours cover lighter colours but lighter colours may not cover dark, it might show thru.
- Best to work light to dark. Paint whole item once. Dry it – paint exactly the same – repeat
- Use water to clean brushes and dry with paper towel before moving to next colour.
- Pencil marks burn away completely. Sketch lightly.
- Initial all items. Especially important on box lids & bottoms with paint.
- Return items to store for kiln firing. Items will be ready for pickup approx. 1 week later
- Held in store for 45 days.
TAKE PHOTO OF PAINT CHIP COLOURS & INSTRUCTIONS
PAINT COLOURS CAN CHANGE IN KILN TO CHIP COLOUR & LOOK TOTALLY DIFFERENT IN LIQUID FORM BEFORE FIRING